OCHCH is committed to providing valuable educational and career development programming to Ohio’s care community. We offer two lines of programming on the Events Calendar and Training & Certification Calendar. Members with an Education Pass or HHA Training Pass can register for most events at no additional cost. Members without a pass can register at discounted rates, and we offer reasonable pricing for non-members. Contact us to purchase a Pass or inquire further.
Managed Care Series 2 - Owning the Plan of Care
Thursday, February 15, 2024 (11:30 AM - 1:00 PM) (EST)
Join us for a detailed conversation on the intricacies of Managed Care. Katie Eisel, Payer Relations Director at Ohio Community at Home Network (OCHN), will present this three-part series of educational webinars.
The Managed Care Series is an ideal resource for anyone looking at entering the market, as well as those of you who are working to improve your practice.
Session 2: Owning the Plan of Care
After attending this session you will be better prepared to answer two critical questions - What do you do when the insurance does not agree? What do you do when the patient does not agree?
• Review your care, documentation, and language used by the plan.
• Ensure you are not agreeing to “denied” visits which become unapproved/approved.
• Leave no gap between what is requested and what is still needed.
• Do not waste insurance time. The goal is to never have a denial.
• Do not hold care while appealing.
• Navigating a patient’s desire for continued care, and a true medical need for care.
• Educate patients on the difference between acute and custodial care.
Ohio Community at Home Network (OCHN) is a network of provider agencies exclusively dedicated to serving and representing the needs of Ohio health care at home providers, including home health, hospice, and palliative care provider agencies. Learn more
Members with Education Pass - $0
Members (no Education Pass) - $79
Prospective Members - $99